Welcome

Browse By

Category
  1. A (65)
  2. B (88)
  3. C (79)
  4. D (57)
  5. E (33)
  6. F (50)
  7. G (46)
  8. H (89)
  9. I (49)
  10. J (30)
  11. K (32)
  12. L (48)
  13. M (110)
  14. N (24)
  15. O (7)
  16. P (67)
  17. Q (2)
  18. R (64)
  19. S (117)
  20. T (109)
  21. U (10)
  22. V (40)
  23. W (28)
  24. X (4)
  25. Y (12)
  26. Z (11)
  27. Current Production (44)
  28. Amphibious (12)
  29. ATVs (38)
  30. Bond (11)
  31. Books (5)
  32. BSA (10)
  33. Concepts (31)
  34. Firetrucks (9)
  35. Flying Cars (10)
  36. Forecar/Tricar (39)
  37. Golf Carts (2)
  38. Harley Davidson (43)
  39. Honda (10)
  40. Indian (18)
  41. Invalid Carriages (13)
  42. Jawa (12)
  43. Messerschmitt (22)
  44. Military (40)
  45. Morgan (25)
  46. Police (14)
  47. Racing (31)
  48. Reliant (4)
  49. Royal Enfield (11)
  50. Sidecars (159)
  51. Solar Powered (4)
  52. Steam Powered (7)
  53. Tractors (24)
  54. Toys & Models (4)

 Bond Minicar Mark "D"

Bond Minicar Mark "D"

Description

The Bond Minicar Mark "D" appeared in May, 1956. It was similar to the Mark "C" but had the Villiers 9E engine (with the SIBA electrical system) with an optional reverse gear (of particular benefit to drivers holding a Group "A" license only). It also had an improved car-type electrical system (12 volts as opposed to the original 6-volt lighting) and new rear suspension. For the De Luxe model a SIBA electric starter was fitted, consisting of a single unit-embodying generator, starter and ignition built into the engine direct on to the crankcase.

Reverse gear, in models fitted with it, is obtained by switching the engine to run in the opposite direction of rotation (accomplished basically by means of a second set of contact pints "timed" for opposite-direction firing but with other interior modifications over the standard flywheel magneto unit), the 9E engine running equally well either way. With such a system, all gearbox ratios are available for driving in reverse, but only first or low gear would be used.

The model "D" was again produced in both 2-seater and 4-seater versions (of which this car is an example) with hoods and a Fiberglass hardtop variant for the 2-seater.

The 2-seater Mark "D" ceased production in favor of the Mark "E" when this later Model appeared (December 1956).

Manufacturer: Sharp's Commercials, Preston, Lancashire England

Click here for more info



This was one of the vehicles sold at the Bruce Weiner Microcar Auction in February 2013. Website owner Harry Kraemer has all of the sale data from that auction in his Market Watch section of his Wheels & Wings site Flymall.org. See link below for the data.

Click here for auction sale report

Detailed Information
Detailed Description
1957 Bond Minicar Mark "D"

Additional Information

Additional Information

Previous URL No