Welcome

Browse By

Category
  1. A (65)
  2. B (88)
  3. C (79)
  4. D (57)
  5. E (33)
  6. F (50)
  7. G (46)
  8. H (89)
  9. I (49)
  10. J (30)
  11. K (32)
  12. L (48)
  13. M (110)
  14. N (24)
  15. O (7)
  16. P (67)
  17. Q (2)
  18. R (64)
  19. S (117)
  20. T (109)
  21. U (10)
  22. V (40)
  23. W (28)
  24. X (4)
  25. Y (12)
  26. Z (11)
  27. Current Production (44)
  28. Amphibious (12)
  29. ATVs (38)
  30. Bond (11)
  31. Books (5)
  32. BSA (10)
  33. Concepts (31)
  34. Firetrucks (9)
  35. Flying Cars (10)
  36. Forecar/Tricar (39)
  37. Golf Carts (2)
  38. Harley Davidson (43)
  39. Honda (10)
  40. Indian (18)
  41. Invalid Carriages (13)
  42. Jawa (12)
  43. Messerschmitt (22)
  44. Military (40)
  45. Morgan (25)
  46. Police (14)
  47. Racing (31)
  48. Reliant (4)
  49. Royal Enfield (11)
  50. Sidecars (159)
  51. Solar Powered (4)
  52. Steam Powered (7)
  53. Tractors (24)
  54. Toys & Models (4)

1967 Solyto Break Camping

1967 Solyto Break Camping

Description

1967 Solyto Break Camping

During the mid-1950's, New Map, under the direction of Robert Robin, produced a range of two-wheelers, including scooters, and the Solyto utility truck., being built at the sheet-metal division of New Map called the SOciete LYonnaise de TOlerie: hence the odd name.

The 1950's at New Map, still under Robert Robin, are the story of decline of the two-wheeler industry. Production was cancelled in 1959, leaving the Solyto as the sole carrier of the once grand name. M. Castellano, father of the Solyto, retired and Joseph Spalek replaced him.

The Ydral motor was replaced by an Ultima, and a remarkable automatic transmission designed for it by Spalek. In the early '60's, he also designed and built his own motor , and shortly fitted it with an electric starter. In 1963, the company was making phone boxes for K.V., and the two companies were soon combined. In 1965, CDI electronic ignition was fitted to the Solyto. The only other vehicles using this were Formula 1.

By 1971, the Solyto was being sold as the TC-8 by K.V. It was now offered in three body styles: a canvas back Fourgonette Bachee, a metal back Fourgonette Tolee, and a Break-Camping with four windows in the rear compartment.

The last example rolled off the assembly line in Feb. 1974, after 4,000 examples had been built. It had also overlapped the production of the K.V.Mini by some 4 years at this point.

Manufacturer: Les Equipements Electriques K.V., Lyon, France

Click here for more info




This vehicle was one of the many vehicles sold at the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum Auction in February 2013

Click here to review the auction results in the Market Watch Section of Harry Kraemer's Wheels & Wings site

Detailed Information
Detailed Description
1967 Solyto Break Camping

Additional Information

Additional Information

Previous URL No